WARNING TO SHAREHOLDERS
It has come to our attention that recently a number of smaller shareholders have received unsolicited telephone calls concerning their investments in United Carpets Group plc. Such calls have related to offers to potentially purchase shares for considerably more than the current market price, further details of which would be disclosed once the shareholder concerned signed a non-disclosure agreement.
Shareholders should be wary of any unsolicited advice. Following a recent increase in the prevalence of so-called "boiler room" scams, the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and the Institute of Chartered Secretaries (ICSA) have produced a leaflet warning investors about unsolicited communications concerning investment matters, which is available in full by clicking on the link below. Please note the following recommendations in particular if you receive any unsolicited investment advice:
- Make sure you get the correct name of the person and organisation.
- Check that they are properly authorised by the FSA before getting involved by visiting www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/register.
- Report the matter to the FSA either by calling 0845 606 1234 or visiting www.moneymadeclear.fsa.gov.uk.
- If the calls persist, hang up.
If you have any queries, please contact Mr Ian Bowness, Company Secretary on 01709 732666 ext 851.
AIM RULE 26: UNITED CARPETS PLC
By downloading documents, including the AIM admission document, I/we acknowledge that I/we have read, understood and agreed to the following conditions.
1. The site is maintained to disclose information solely for the purposes of and in accordance with the disclosure obligations required by Rule 26 of the AIM Rules of the London Stock Exchange.
2. The AIM admission document was published on 11 February 2005 and reflects the position at the time of publication. The information contained in it is therefore out of date, superseded and potentially inaccurate. No reliance should be placed on the information or opinions contained in the AIM admission document or on its completeness. No undertaking, representation, warranty or other assurance, express or implied, is made or given by or on behalf of United Carpets Group plc or any of its directors, officers, partners, employees, agents or advisers or any other person as to the accuracy or completeness of the information or opinions contained in the AIM admission document and no responsibility or liability is accepted by any of them for any such information or opinions.
3. The documents, including AIM admission document, do not constitute, or form part of, any offer or invitation to sell, allot or issue or any solicitation of any offer to purchase or subscribe for any securities, nor shall they (or any part of them) or the fact of their publication form the basis of, or be relied upon in connection with, or act as any inducement to enter into, any contract or commitment for securities.
4. The shares of United Carpets Group plc have not and will not be registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended, or under the securities laws of any State or of a province or territory in Canada, Japan or under Australia’s Corporations Law. The documents, including AIM admission document, should not be viewed, taken, transmitted, distributed, published, reproduced or otherwise made available in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in or into United States of America, the Republic of Ireland, Canada, Australia or Japan or any other country outside of the United Kingdom where such action may lead to the breach of any legal or regulatory requirements. I/we confirm that I am/we are not situated, incorporated or established in any such jurisdiction.
Information disclosed under AIM rule 26 was updated 25 May 2017