Important information regarding your fitting
Thank you for ordering with United Carpets. Our stores are still arranging the independent installation and fitting of flooring. Social distancing and COVID secure measures are in place. Please be aware that installation of your flooring is provided by an Agency Fitter under a separate contract. In line with national government guidelines, there are a few things that we want you to know in terms of what you can expect from your Agency Fitter and what they will expect from you when arriving at your home.
On arrival at your home the Agency Fitter(s) will:
- Ask you to confirm that neither you or anyone in the household are displaying COVID-19 symptoms or has COVID-19.
- Wear a face covering, such as a visor or cloth face mask and latex gloves.
- Wear disposable overshoes or will remove footwear at your door.
- Maintain 2m social distance at all times.
- Whilst carrying out the installation the Agency Fitter(s) will be alone, or in some instances be accompanied by a work partner who will be wearing the same PPE equipment.
Please may we ask of you;
- Any vulnerable individuals within your household should be kept isolated from the Agency Fitter(s) whilst they are in your home.
- No members of your household should occupy the same room or area as the Agency Fitter(s) whilst the installation is being carried out.
- All rooms to be fitted will need to be completely clear of furniture. All old floor coverings should be uplifted and removed, with subfloors cleaned. If this is not the case when the Agency Fitter(s) arrives, it is likely that your installation will need to be rescheduled.
- All doors in the rooms to be fitted should be open and all lights should be switched on.
- Any payments made directly to the Agency Fitter(s) for their services should be made by card, direct transfer or PayPal.
You will be given the opportunity to inspect the installation once completed. We trust that you will appreciate that the measures that we have taken are for the health and safety of everyone. Please be reminded that your Agency Fitter(s) are totally independent of United Carpets and is providing this installation service to you under a separate contract.